Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I'm wandering around Wuxi when I realize I have to meet back up w/ Susannah. I call her and she tells me she's in Beijing. I ask her when the cruise ship leaves Beijing and she tells me it's tonight. I dash off to the train station & head toward Beijing. After only 2 short stops, I get off and run into Susannah, my dad & others immediate in the train station. I'm still worried about getting to Beijing in time when I realize I must've been in Beijing all along. We wander the shops inside the train station and Everett & Sofia run into a shop. A female clerk starts yelling about SARS and runs to get some surgical masks for the kids. Everett & Sofia start grabbing socks off a rack and I tell them in Chinese to put them back. The clerk comes over with the masks and then realizes something and doesn't offer them to us. I usher the kids out to meet back up w/ everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home