Monday, November 27, 2006

I'm traveling with a group of survivors on a planet after a major catastrophe (alal Battlestar Galactica). We're talking about what a brilliant design it was to let a percentage of the human race survive & fight over the now plentiful resources. "Yeah, except we're one of the resources." Says one companion (the enemies are part Cylon, part vampire apparently). We're scaling the urban environment, trying to find survivors & forage for supplies. AJ is with me along w/ a few military men & women. We climb down from a structure & I squeeze myself through some bars. "I'm amazed my head fit through that." I say. I look back & see that one of the soldiers has bent the bars to come through. "Oh sure Bender, " I tease him, "Just bend the bars."

We enter a huge apartment and sweep through it slowly with weapons drawn. I'm holding a small Glock & I keep trying to get a small piece of paper out of my hand. As we walk slowly from room to room, one of our companions (maybe AJ) is sweeping adjacent rooms more quickly. I try to keep up & keep him in sight. I walk by one bedroom where a small dog (maybe a toy dog) is wagging & swaying. In the next bedroom a woman is standing as though waiting for us. She holds her hands up like she's pointing a gun at me and says, "Bang." I'm somehow prepared for this encounter and don't shoot at her. I call for my companions and they come running. She's trying to insist that I shoot her and I start to lower my gun (we'd talked about her type before, the despondent survivors who are trying to committ "Death by Cop."_)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home