Thursday, January 11, 2007

Susannah & I are in Cracker Barrel/Ramsey's waiting for friends & family to arrive. We wait almost ad hour and wonder where everyone is. Finally people start arriving, first Lynnette & Everett, then Ileda, my mom & others. I go outside to help Ileda w/ Sofia and see Ileda walking by herself. I ask where Sofia is and see Emilie carrying Sofia in her carseat. Back at our table, some food has been ordered but I don't feel like eating or being around people.

I leave the restaurant and begin flying around. I soar over an island that has had spontaneous fires among its tropical foliage. I survey the island and see that it's uninhabited except for sealife and small birds. I'm not complete confident about my flying abilities and get scared of crashing on the island.

I continue flying and head toward the mainland. I land and being walking the streets. I wander into a building where there are endless corridors featuring brothels & "sex hotels." People are making out on the streets and neon signs blink on the storefronts. I want to fly up and peek in some windows but I can't. I continue walking, squeezing past the crowds of amorous people.

Down further, I walk through a flea market of antiques & records and finally walk back into daylight. I look back and see I've walked out of an Irish pub (or at least a front for the sex shops). I see I've walked quite a ways from the restaurant and I debate whether I should head back or just take a cab home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home