Friday, December 15, 2006

We're in the store (which is a diner) when one of the neighbor's retarded kids comes running over. He's a bit of a nuisance and Susannah tries to shoo him away. More kids come out, followed by their mother. She leads us over to her house to eat dinner. The food is being prepared by Chinese chefs from a local restaurant. The fried wontons are excellent. The dining room is full of adopted kids and I comment that "it's lively in here." The chefs bring out a dish of tofu that is monogrammed and we're all very impressed.

I suddenly remember I didn't lock the store and ask if Susannah did. She says no and I run back to check. It's raning outside as I run past our neighbors in the strip mall. Inside our diner, the same few patrons are still eating. I'm just about to leave again when Susannah says, "George Hearst" and points to the man who we may be having dealings with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home