Thursday, January 18, 2007

I'm walking through Chinatown trying to find a snack. I walk by a lot of food stalls but there's nothing but roast duck, tripe & other things I don't want to eat. As I keep searching for buns, an American starts ranting at one of the people at the stalls, saying, "How can you expect to do any business selling this nasty stuff?" I ignore the obnoxious guy & start to leave the area. Then I hear him speaking in pretty good Mandarin to the vendors.

I wander into a Japanese building & see the walls plastered with old Japanese movie posters. I follow the signs upstairs to the store to check them out. On the way, I pass an indoor archery range. I get very excited & ask a passerby how late they're open. At first I ask in Chinese & then realize he is Japanese. He tells me in English they close at 9:30. I check my watch & see it's already 8:30.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home