Thursday, February 15, 2007

I'm in a New York apartment hanging out w/ some older guys. One of them leaves and another bolts the door behind him. The guy who leaves notices but says nothing. I look back at the remaining 2 or 3 men and say, "Oh, I guess we're the actual residents of this place, huh?" One man nods.

We hear the doorbell ring and I look out the window to see a bunch of young black boys running back down the steps outside. Suddenly, there are boys inside the apartment and we're trying to get rid of them. Now it's pandemonium as a crowd of people inside mill about & try to figure out what happened. One of the pranksters is injured and we're trying to get him back outside to his family. I look around to see Tom & Lynnette & Everett as well as lots of other people and pets in cages.

I ask Lynnette if they've already eaten & she says yes. I'm slightly irritated because I'm hungry. I tell her I'm not quite ready to commit to cooking in this apartment yet and maybe I'll go get some takeout.

A pregnant woman starts shouting/sining about celebrating her fertility and Attia (from Rome), also pregnant, rolls her eyes and scoffs. I joke w/ her that she shouldn't talk since she has such a lousy relationship w/ her kids. She feigns outrage and I say, "At least my son didn't try to kill my boyfriend!" She smiles slyly as I leave. "Nice job w/ that by the way." I say as I leave, referring to her brokering peace between Octavian & Marc Antony.

Outside it looks like ancient Rome and a general and his guards stand in formation on the square at the bottom of the stairs. He is from the invading force and his standing guard is a part of the tradition of ancient warfare. I see one of our champions challenge him and get quickly put down. I challenge him w/ a surprise attack and we spare w/ metal weapons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home