Saturday, February 26, 2005

I'm in a large old farm house with a bunch of friends during summertime. We're all loading into cars to look for someone or something. I have the bunny cage in one of the cars but decide against taking them along. I carry the cage back into the house. I see one of my friends, a young man, cured up on the floor. I tll him there is room for him in the car. He seems despondent and says nothing. I gently tell him I;m going to leave the rabbits with him because I don't want them getting in the way or getting freaked out. He asks me to find his father.

I head upstairs to find the father's room. I knock on a French door and his father opens it. He's a lanky, mean-lloking fellow. I tell him his son really wants to see him. He ignores me & continues doing something (brushing his teeth or eating). I want to tell him that his son is depressed and on the verge of suicide but I stay quiet. The man continues ignoring me. I start to leave & he does something to provoke/insult me. I follow him back into the room and open a closet door. I grab a small dark wood baseball bat and a thin stick. With the weapons in hand, begin hitting the man. He turns into a few thin sticks of wood and I break them with my weapons.

Suddenly, there are cops in the house looking for the kid and his father. I run quiet down the back stairs and out the backyard. I'm hoping to find the car full of friends and escape. The yard is empty and I make my way into a flowerbed under the deck. I lie prone on the ground and survey the front yard. Cars are coming & going.

The cops seem to be gone as a few cars pull in. A young Chinese American woman comes out and tells her mother off.

Inside, the once demure and non-assertive woman is putting on makeup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home