Friday, February 11, 2005

I'm showing two people a book of my drawings from high school. They are all dark and morbid.

Later...

I'm standing on the sidewalk at night looking at a group of employees from a store. They're milling about on a smoke break. I follow Fred Crounse (whose name I think is Rob) and catch up with him. He sees me and says, "Let's keep this between you and me..." "You and RW are finally getting married?" I tease. RW is directly in front of us and we all laugh. A woman passes us and says to Fred & RW, "You guys make a great couple, married couple." We all think the timing of her comment is strange.

I leave them and continue walking, this time picking/pushing a small car tire ahead of me. I start down a highway on-ramp. It's iced over and partly submerged in slushy water. I push the tire ahead of me slowly and walk gingerly on the slippery road. Once onto city street again, the ice and slush disappear. As I head into a suburban neighborhood, I realize I'm nude and try to cover myself with two pillows I have with me.

As I continue quickly through the neighborhood, I see and feel bumblebees swirling behing my head. I try to outrun them and consider swiping at them.

Later, I'm in a bed & breakfast w/ Merrill & Brad. They've gone out for some reason & I head out on my own later. i'm wandering the streets of this European village, trying to find them or find our car. The idewalks meld into the streets here and I can't find my way back to the inn. I walk by some school children and into a building. I'm on the 3rd floor of an inn, there are rooms on all sides of me. I try to find our room but can't. I head downstairs and look there, to no avail. I head to the first floor where the inn is connected to an elementary school. I approach an employee and say, "Can I ask you a question? I'm checking to see if I'm staying here..." He smiles and says no. I pause and look at him. He says he's joking and starts to check on the computer. I tell him I didn't make the reservation so it might be under Pond or Einhorn. As he searches through the computer, I see Susannah and someone else come in. I ask them where they've been and if they've found our other companions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home