Sunday, February 20, 2005

I'm in a movie theater watching the beginning of a film. The intro credits say ORION PICTURES but the logo for a Miramax-like Mirambourgh company also comes up. It's a '70s thriller starring Walter Mathou (much like The Taking of Pelham One Two Three). I'm sitting in one of the front rows and decide to move back for a better view.

Later, Susannah & I are in the backseat of a car approaching a toll booth. There's someone else in the passenger seat but no one driving. I grab the wheel & try to stop at the booth but end up slipping it into 3rd gear accidentally. It's a manual transmission and I end up stalling it out 10 feet past the booth. I jump out, frustrated & stressed. Susannah goes over to talk to the booth attendant. I end up wandering off a bit, then try to find my way back. There's a huge semi driving around in circles and I can't seem to get around it. I finally make my way back to the booth and Susannah is outside it talking to the attendant. The conversation is casual and friendly and I wonder if we know him. For a second I think it's Frank Loss but the guy looks shorter and younger. Susannah points to the booth and tells the attendant the phone's ringing. There are also several young sketchy-looking guys in the booth. He goes back inside and I say to Susannah, "He better secure that shit." I ask her if we know him or what and she says no but that she's smoothed things over and we should be fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home