Tuesday, July 29, 2003

Friday, June 13th, 2003

I'm at my parents' house on Otter Creek for a Holiday (or something). I go outside and see mom and dad discussing something about a car. My dad points to a white Buick Century station wagon and says, "I need to get your car fixed." I want to tell him it really isn't mine anymore. My mom and Li Hong get in the wagon and Li Hong begins to drive it down the street. The car rolls slowly into a parked SUV (maybe Li Hong's). The SUV backs up, slowly rolling into another car.

Later, I finish watching a movie and come into the kitchen where some of Susannah's relatives are gathered. I say to Susannah and her aunt Sissy, "Boy, don't watch this movie unless you wanna spend an huor pounding someone to death." I show Susannah my red and bruised hands. I begin telling her and the others about this old movie where a woman gets into an obsessive relationship with another woman. "It begins innnocently enough. They became instant best friends. In fact, the one woman was a bridesmaid in the other's wedding. But the other one began to obsess about her and she began to worry. Back in those days, it wasn't acceptable to confront someone about it. And it's not like she could've had a heart-to-heart with her husband about it. So in the end, she ends up killing the other woman." As I'm recounting the movie, someone is serving coffee. "Do you take sugar?" She asks me. "No. I mean, I don't need any coffee, thanks." I walk into another room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home