Tuesday, July 29, 2003

Tuesday, May 20th, 2003

I'm working at the store, there are lots of people at the counter. As I'm rining someone up, a middle-aged black woman comes to the counter. She shows me a small cut on her hand and claims that she hurt herself on a DVD she bought here. Her arms are covered with scabs, bruises and cuts. I tell her we're not insured against injuries and that I can't help her.

A short, dark-skinned Latino man comes in selling candy. He's wearing a bad toupee and speaking Spanish in a song-song voice. I wave him off. The black woman asks if she can use our tanning bed. I tell her it's not installed. I ring up a couple at the counter who have put a bunch of coins down. I go through the change and notice it's all foreign currency.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home