Tuesday, July 29, 2003

Sunday, May 18th, 2003

I'm at an outdoor Subway platform at night. I hop over some tracks to a different line and see a bus coming toward the station. It's going way too fast on the icy road and starts to swerve. A group of us watch as it spins out of control and flips several times, crumpling like a soda can. I start sprinting down the street toward the wreckage. A few other guys follow me. As we reach the wreckage, emergency workers are already there. They tell me to stay back. I see passengers stumbling out of the bus, most are barely injured - just bruises and scratches. One young father carries a bin with a huge, fat baby in it.

I'm now in an old house saying goodbye to Susannah. She tells me not to forget her. I tell her I've spent so much time with her recently, it'll be strange not to be around her. I take a picture of her and go into another room. I suggest she take a picture of mee, too. I'm made up like a bloody zombie missing half my leg. I sit down in a chair and pose for the camera, pretending to chew the severed prop leg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home