Saturday, June 21, 2003

Wednesday, December 11th, 2002

After getting off work, I come back to the store to let Brian get something to eat. The store suddenly gets busy. As I'm talking to a customer, Sarah Durant comes in. She smiles at me and I'm surprised to see her. The customer is a white guy my age with a goatee. After buying a couple of videos, he comes back up to the counter with a huge stack of stuff to buy and rent. In the rental pile is a ton of DVDs, bargain videos along with some of my personal audio tapes. I tell him the audio tapes aren't for sale and that we have a rental limit of five. He tells me he was just curious about these titles and wanted to burn them onto DVD. Meanwhile, another customer wants me to order three obscure titles. Then Beth Moberly comes in. As I continue dealing with the customers, I clear the counter of my personal things. I start getting nervous about Beth and Sarah being here at the same time. Beth comes behind the counter and gives me a kiss on the cheek and says she wants to ask me about something in the store. I follow her as she points to one of the shelves. On it sits her youngest child, a baby I had not yet met. Sarah stands nearby not saying anything. I feel awkward and and really want to talk to her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home