Tuesday, June 17, 2003

Sunday, November 24th, 2002

I'm riding a bike through a dirt-covered area (like a vineyard). An Indian/Latino kid on a bike tells me I'm riding on burial grounds and to stop. he asks me if I know the way to some place. I tell him to follow me. We ride fast down winding roads. As we approach the end of the road, I brake hard and yell for him to do likewise. As he comes around the last turn, he jumps off his bike safely as the bike hits the wall. The impact is so great, the paint comes off the wall. I say, "Wow, look at that!" We approach a large wooden door and I look to see if I have a key for it. Just as I'm about to try a key, the door opens slowly. I push it open cautiously, drawing my scimitar. Another adventurer, Annie Koh, comes to the door. I let her in with us, then put the scimitar to her neck. I ask her for any valuables. She demurs that she has none. I ask her, "What about all the nice jewelry you're wearing?" She seems embarrassed rather than afraid. I also notice that her nose is chipped (like crystal) and ask her about that. She admits that she did that accidentally. I laugh and lower my scimitar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home