Monday, June 16, 2003

Tuesday, November 19th, 2002

It's winter. Susannah and I are in bed in an older single family house. We hear a cat meowing and we're puzzled since we have no cat. We look down and see a long-haired orange and white cat begging for food. I chase after it and grab it. I carry it downstairs and put it outside into the snow.

The cat is suddenly Susannah. Still in her PJs, she frolicks through the snow with the neighbor's dog, oblivious to the cold. I'm on the roof watching her. A young girl's voice cries out, "Be careful up there!" I turn to see a little girl (my little sister or neice) standing on a lower section of the roof. She's on a sloped area and slips but doesn't fall to the ground. I yell for her to stay there and quickly lower myself down the side of the house. As I descend, I tell myself how important it is that I get down safely. I also yell for Susannah to come to the back of the house. By the time I get to the girl, Susannah is already there, lowering her down. I ask/chide her about being up on the roof.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home