Monday, May 13, 2002

From 5/12/2002:

I was being interviewed by someone about workplace violence.

I'm riding in a minivan (that's very high off the ground). I've standing on the left side as the driver drives on the right. We're driving thru what looks like UK's campus.The driver disappears and I decide to take the car. I'm standing up in it, trying awkwardly to drive it. Though it's an automatic, I drive it with the difficulty of a stick shift. I drive a block past the university and end up in a really sketchy block. A bunch of homeless/seedy looking black men are milling around. I make a hasty u-turn and try to get the hell out. Suddenly a man jumps on holds a tiny blade to my neck from behind. I'm not sure how dangerous the blade is but decide not to risk it. I leave the van and try to think of how to explain to UK about losing the car.

I wander back through a darkened campus. This time I'm armed with a gun & ready for action. I see a man following a woman, about to mug her. I see some commotion and draw my gun. Someone else fires a gun and I fire at him. Lots of shots go off.

I run to the people and realize none of them are criminals. They were all nervous people who were all armed. They were firing at an intruder in the factory just down the ramp.

I approach them and we all explain ourselves. I go down to the factory to see what caused all the shooting. There was lots of commotion about a female employee who had been mistaken for an intruder because the computer system didn't recognize her. She had dyed her hair red apparently. She was sorta Asian.


from 5/11/2002:

I'm watching some music/interview show with 2 guys (one older guy with a sage-like voice) and Margot Timmins (Cowboy Junkies). They discussed guitarists and the blues. The men lamented that musicians didn't know their musical roots. Margot said that even her friends who didn't listen to blues know who John Lee Hooker (or some other blues great) is. She started playing a tune from Caution Horses. She also had a tabla on her lap with her guitar and when she shook her leg, the vibrations of the drum got picked up by the guitar's mic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home