Tuesday, April 30, 2002

Late entry from 4/23/2002:

I was looking for a friend of mine in a bar. I saw a guy that we both knew and asked him if he'd seen my friend. He said no and smiled, holding up a pocketwatch I'd given my friend. I asked the guy how he got the watch. He said my friend traded it to him. I asked him angrily, "for what?" He smiled and rubbed his stomache. "For food?" I asked incredulously, "he traded it for $90 worth of food?" "About $60 worth..." the guy said. I knew he was lying. Angrily, I pulled out a wad of money and counted out about $47-$50 (mostly in foreign bills). "Here's $50, mostly Canadian, now give me back the fucking watch." "You son of a bitch," I continued, "Instead of helping a guy who's down, instead of giving him $20 for a hamburger, you relieved him of a watch I gave him." I slapped him on the head and demanded the watch. he looked very guilty, not contrite but a little afraid. I continued fuming, "Let me wait until you're down and out and buy the shoes off your fee, you son of a bitch."

Susannah was the there with me the whole time except she looked like a nondescript brunette.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home