Monday, April 29, 2002

Late entry from 3/15/2002:

I'm holding some guy prisoner in a room with a glass door. There are several boxes full of weapons in the room. I ask someone quietly if any of them are loaded. The person said they belong to (so & so) and might be loaded. I opened the door and held theprisoner at gunpoint with a really large pistol. As others tried to move the weapons out, the prisoner tried to do something. Jeff Tule (ex-coworker from Amoeba) came along with a pistol. I asked him if it was loaded. He said yes and I took it from him and fired it at the prisoner. the gun jammed several times and the prisoner walked out calmly, then took off running. The streets were in total chaos as I tried to yell for police (or anyone) to help me. There were so many people running around that nobody paid me any mind.

Later...

It felt like the end of the world (or a world war or some natural disaster). I walked down the street with lots of other people. Susannah calls me, sounding very upset. I tell her we can go to Palestine or Israel, that we have friends in both places. She says she doesn't know if we can make it that far. I ask her where she is now. She says (so & so) street, just past Ashkenaz Street. I tell her I'm up the street from her and will meet her. She said she's just crossed the street and ditched the large bag. She also said that she's the tallest person on the street.

I look down the hill and see her carrying a small bag and a large roll that looks like a bolt of fabric or a rolled-up blueprint. We see each other and smile. We're crying as we hug and I want to say "This is the worst day of my life." But as I look around and see so many other people struggling and crying, I decide it's a stupid thing to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home