Friday, April 26, 2002

Late entry from 3/9/2002:

I'm on a second story roof and I'm trying to get down. I jump onto the back of a semi (which looks like a firetruck) and before I can hop off, it takes off. I hang on while banging on the side. The driver, a black woman, sees me and turns the truck around and heads back toward a parking lot. She goes into a store and comes out with a small table (with a black man helping her). I jump onto teh table, then down to the ground, apologizing the whole way.

I end up riding on the truck/firetruck (now a bus). It was a coin/card slot like regular NYC buses.

Later, I'm at David Letterman's house with Ben Compton & Melissa (from UK). ben talks about Dave picking up a Sunny Day Real Estate album and liking it. I go into another room and Ben had a tuned a made-for-punk guitar. I strummed it and it sounded very loud. I say "I didn't know you had it plugged in." I also notice little pads between the strings that made percussion sounds. I ask Ben "You can do your own percussion with this?" Yup, he says. I attempt in vain to strum out a tune.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home