Friday, September 14, 2007

I'm playing poker somewhere.  After a series of raises & reraises with one player, we're all-in.  It's my 8s versus his 7s.  he flops a 7 and after a series of convoluted turns of events (and us slowly trying to figure it out), I end up with a flush or straight to win.

Later, Ileda, Susannah & I are in a hotel trying to decide where to eat for dinner.  Tom & Lynnette come in with a group of waiters/porters with takeout from Grand Sichuan.  We put some tables together and set up to eat.  I realize we only have enough food for 2 tables of people and there are 3.  I wish they hadn't gotten takeout but I feel bad about saying anything.

Later...

I'm with an older man carrying a small dog in a plastic bag.  We drop the dog off at the side door of a animal shelter but can't go through with leaving him there.  We take him out of the bag and head out into the street.  Aliens (ala Invasion of the Body Snatchers) have taken over and are exterminating all pets.  I get into a car with a young woman I know and a man with a dog.  I joke with the woman, "I didn't know you had a boyfriend."  The man says, "I'm not, I'm her..." "Masseuse?  I was hoping to be your masseuse." I joke.  

We pull off the road into a ravine and drive into a cave where many other refugees are hiding.  I'm excited to join the group of human survivors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home