Monday, August 20, 2007

I'm hanging out with a couple at an outdoor shooting range.  I watch ( a little jealously) as they shoot their rifles at faraway targets.

Now we're at the shooting range in Wilmore.  We get in but I don't have the keys to my locker there.  I bust into it and find my ear protectors and one rifle.  I call my dad to see if he can come down and leave his guns with me.  Turns out he's visiting his sisters in Wilmore.  I try to ask him a favor but he gives me some guilt trip and won't do it.  I'm very frustrated and want to shoot with my friends (one of whom is a cute girl I like).

Later...

I'm in lower Manhattan when a huge fireball erupts from underground, making all the steam pipes burst at random intervals.  I run like hell to avoid them as construction workers, cops and others direct civilians around them.  I hide behind a truck awhile and watch the mayhem.

I duck into a building and enter a sound studio.  There are some young women in the radio booth (reminds me of WRFL) and they can't seem to help me with anything.  I pull a table out of the way and exit.

I'm out on Canal Street and I call Susannah to see if she can meet up.  She sounds distracted and says she's got a lot of work at her new job.  She says the internet's down so she's got to get some things done.  I hear her talking to someone else and hang up.

Suddenly, I see Laura Dern, her two kids and Susannah running and playing down the street.  Susannah sees me but doesn't acknowledge me.  I watch as they play chase around me.  It's obviously Susannah's first day as Laura's personal assistant / nanny.  I wonder why Susannah couldn't tell me who she was really working for.  I figured it was about confidentiality for celebrities but I felt hurt that she couldn't trust me.  I also wonder if she's ashamed of being a nanny.

I'm down on the sidewalk as they talk and play above me.  Now Laura Dern's on top of me and sexually harassing me.  She teases me about having sex with her while Susannah stands helpless and silent nearby.  I tell Laura there are 3 types of men: those who could have sex with any willing woman, those who would stay loyal to their significant others and those who would only succumb to a naked woman on top of him.  She takes off her top and reveals small, not terribly attractive breasts.  I push her off and tease her, "I just wanted to stall to see your breasts."

By now a small crowd has gathered and an older black man is offering to help me.  He's dressed like a member of the Nation of Islam and holding a small astrology book.  He offers to take me somewhere for tea or coffee but I decline.  I sit up on the curb and get my cell out to look busy, hoping he (and the others around me) would leave me alone.  I find Michelle's number and call her.  She starts talking about dates she can come to Kentucky.  I interrupt her to ask where she is now (intending to ask her to lunch) and she tells me she's on the set of some Hong Kong or Taiwainese director's new movie.

I'm shaken but by what just happened and feel very disappointed at not having anyone to talk to.

Later...

I put on some brown shorts & look for a matching shirt.  I dig through the shirt drawer & come up with one I've never worn before.  It lists Chinese (or Vietnamese) menu items.  Now the room is a restaurant and I see AJ walk in.  I seat him and tell him, "Let me see if I can find Susannah and we'll eat with you."  I walk by a table of young women who are gawking and talking about me.  One says, "I thought Susannah smelled like she had an Indian boyfriend."

I go outside the room and see Susannah walking up the stairs with a couple of other young women.  I tell her what I overheard & she seems unfazed.  I tell her AJ's here and ask if she wants to eat with him and she says no.  She sits down w/ her new friends/coworkers and I sit down with AJ, "Well, I'll eat with you."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home