Wednesday, August 08, 2007

An older man (a friend's dad?) is giving me a ride to a poker game in Brooklyn .  Snow is coming down hard and he's driving the best he can through it.  He goes down the wrong way on a busy avenue and turns down 9th Street.  I tell him I hope it keeps snowing.  "I'm hoping the snow is just heavy enough to shut down some local trains."

I'm standing near a subway entrance with Heather and Sofia.  A man is standing so close to us, his elbow is in Heather's face.  She jokes about him being her best friend and the guy moves his arm.  I tell her if she needs help with Sofia after the movie to call me and I can meet her.  She asks me what I'm going and I tell her I'm going to play a little tennis, "Though I'm not really dressed for it."  I look down at my new shoes which don't quite fit.  I tell her someone bought them for me and I'm thinking of exchanging them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home