Friday, August 03, 2007

I'm in an SNL-like studio doing a read-through of a skit with the cast & writers.  It's a parody of Star Wars and I'm a Han Solo-like character.  As we read through it, I notice that the script has undergone major rewrites.  Afterwards, I go to talk to the head writer/producer, an Alec Baldwin-like guy.  I tell him I think the script seems special effects & production heavy & I'm concerned we won't pull it off.  I also ask him how I should play it.  "You know how sometimes there one guy in the cast who seems to be in a different world altogether?  I don't want to be that guy."  He just laughs but doesn't give me any advice.

I look at the clock and see we only have 15 minutes until airtime.  I go to my closet for clothes & joke, "Well, I guess I should wear my 'Chicks Dig My Sweet Ride' shirt with the Tie Fighter on it, huh?"  The Director/Baldwin guy tells me to bring an extra shirt.  I ask him if I can wear a white undershirt & a button-down over it and he nods.

I can't seem to find anything to wear & I begin digging through the laundry basket.  I find a broken iPod, some of my keys and some of Ileda's keys.

I go to the bathroom to pee and brush my teeth.  My urine is very yellow/almost red.  I think about calling my family & friends to tune in but realize the skit won't air until Saturday & it's only Wednesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home