Thursday, July 19, 2007

I'm in an ice cream place (Chinatown Ice Cream Factory?) and I ask the guy if I can split a scoop into 2 flavors. He shrugs yes. I ask him for Zen Butter & Black Sesame. He Points to the bucket suspended over the counter & says the Zen Butter is a vanilla fruit swirl this week. I tell him I'll settle for just black sesame & he says they're out. "you're killin' me here." I sigh. I look around at the suspended buckets of flavors & settle on a vanilla Oreo cookie flavor. He gets a waffle cone & puts some ice in it first before scooping the ice cream into it. He shows it to me & I tell him it's enough. He looks at it and thinks for a second and says, "15 cents." I dig in my pockets and pull out about a dollars worth of change and give him everything but the quarter. He seems hesitant to accept such a big tip and says, "They'll think I worked 4 hours." I just smile and take my ice cream & leave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home