Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I'm in an Amoeba-like store just filling in for the day.  A teen girl & her mom look lost & I go help them.  The girl tells me she looking for some song & gives me a few lines to it.  I think it's Avril Lavigne & head down an aisle to help her find it.  The stacks are a little confusing & I run back & forth, first looking for L, then for A.

A coworker jokes with me about vacuuming and I tell him that I'm not vacuuming for anyone.  "well, maybe for Tommy (one of the managers)."

In one of the offices, I see Eric Norris (high school classmate) and he waves me in to help him move some old furniture out of a room.  As I help him I notice he isn't doing any of the work himself so I stop.  I ask him how he's doing and we smalltalk for a bit.  I tell him I'm just filling in a bit here but I'll be starting here fulltime in the fall.  He's a psychiatrist on staff here.  I joke that we could've used one when I used to work here.

Outside, I'm walking with John Garcia.  We're talking comparing housing costs for San Francisco & New York.  I tell him that New York actually has better value for your money.  He describes his place in SF, a 3 bedroom for $400K.  I tell him about my place, a 2 bedroom for over $500K.  "I guess in this case, you have a better deal."

We're on a street corner deciding where to go.  It's almost 11 and I ask him if he wants to go to lunch.  He says it's too early and he has to go get "drawn."  I tell him I can draw him myself and pull some chalk out of my pocket.  We stop by a wall and I get ready to draw him on the wall when we hear a few "pops" nearby.

We look over to see a hooded figure firing at someone we can't see.  We start running around the side of the building.  John peeks behind him and sees the gunman retreating towards us, still firing.  We keep running around the building but the gunman's coming right for us, shooting backwards as he goes.  We put our bodies against some parked cars as he races by us.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home