Saturday, April 28, 2007

I'm stuck with a bunch of people on a huge plane (the size of a school) that can't land. We keep circling and I run through the halls, trying to figure something out. we finally do stop but it's not at my aiport. Some people get off & I ask someone where we are. "Tennessee." He tells me, just as we pull away from the gate. A stewardess tells the rest of us that it'll be another 14-15 hours before we get home (to Lexington) and that we should all get some sleep. The cabin (a room with rows of airplane seats) is mostly clear now and I raise all the armrests in my row to lay down. I try to set the alarm on my cell phone so I don't oversleep & miss our landing. I have trouble getting comfortable so I get up to have some water. I've cut the bottom of my water bottle but it still holds together. There's a young black boy behind me who I've been helping and he wants some water. I hold the bottle for him as he has a drink. His adult brother is asleep one row behind him.

I get up to go to the bathroom, making sure the door to our cabin isn't locked. Inside the bathroom, I turn on the light and look in the mirror and get quite a start at the sight of myself. My hair is shaped funny and my face is distorted like a photoshop trick. I look down quickly & try to look up again, hoping it was just some trick of light.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home