Thursday, March 22, 2007

I'm standing just outside a barricade watching someone give a speech to a crowd of people. I ask out loud whether the speaker is David Chase and Vincent Pastore turns to me and says he isn't sure, "Has David done a cameo on the show before?" "David" is speaking about getting out of prison. I'm now in the crowd as he finishes his speech and a procession of horse-draw chariots race by. They're all decked out with neo-Nazi regalia and the crowd reacts disapprovingly. I mutter "Peckernecks" as they go by and a young black man next to me laughs and adds, "Paul Bunyon."

At the end of the procession, a few black teenagers follow the chariots on bikes and scooters. I ask someone if they're a part of the group and they says yes, shaking their heads in disbelief. I walk into a schoolyard and see a young black boy whom I've grown to like. I point to him and say "nice shirt" as I pass. He mutters a thanks. In the yard, a young white man is talking about how the school/prison gave him his shirt today. A younger white man next to him ask to switch shirts with him (perhaps planning an escape) and the older man jokes that he's not young enough to trade places with him.

I'm now the older young man and I walk around the perimeter of the yard spitting alot. A police/guard vehicle drives by me, taking note of my actions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home