Monday, July 02, 2007

There are a few people lingering around and I see Malena naked.  She's tiny and weirdly proportioned.  She's complaining quietly about how small she is.  I notice huge metal things attached to her lower body and I ask her about it.  She tells me she's been modifying her body.  She shows me her legs.  They've each been spliced in half length-wise and grafted to stainless steel.  There's a Count Grevious look about her.  I ask her if she did all this during her vacation and she says no.  I wonder how I could've missed it.  I tell her I was just talking to Susannah recently about body modification.  "About how people are screwing horns into their heads.  Nothing so extreme as what you're doing."  I tell her I'll be right back and run into a building.

I walk into Amoeba Music (a location I never worked) and show security my phone.  Since I've been there before, they just wave me in.  I walk into the enormous space and try to remember where the break room is.  I wander the  aisles a while and can't seem to find it.  Near the back of the store, I run into Jeremy and ask him.  He asks me why and I tell him I have to get my bag.  He asks me to describe it and I begin to tell him about my nondescript black messenger bag.  He points out a window to the alley behind the store and tells me to look along the back wall (though it's actually the front of the store).

I walk along the hallway (that resembles more a school) and past several bathrooms.  I walk through one and finally come to a door that reminds me of the break room.  The sign over it says AREA and I see employees entering & leaving.  I spot Paul Rudd with a group of familiar-looking people going into the room.  He's making a wisecrack to a woman who isn't Leslie Mann.  I follow them in along with a female coworker.  She ushers one woman (Kristin Wiig) in with a pat on the butt.  I joke to her that it's in appropriate and we all laugh.  I tell her that it should be me harassing her and I show her my hand.  Wiig makes a crack about it and we let them go on their way.  The coworker and I head back and she makes a reference to Wiig.  I try to repeat one of her lines from Knocked Up, "Yeah, I was really surprised, too." but can't nail her delivery.  The coworker makes some reference I don't know and she tells me it's from SNL.  "I don't watch that shit."  I whisper, looking behind me to make sure no one heard me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home