Saturday, July 28, 2007

It's late at night & Susannah and I are walking back rfom seomthing. we split up and Sofia & I go on ahead down a hill on a European-looking cobble street. Down the hill sitting at a sidewalk cafe table is Tamara. It's summer but a little cool and she's dressed in a long coat. I apporach her, saying something about her always looking the sme. She stands up and give sme a long hug. I attampt to make small talk with her. Her tone and demeanor is reserved & quietly affectionate. I see Susannah coming idown the heill in the distance in some striped red pajama pants & a t-shirt. They say their hellos and I stand there feeling awkward. A young woman comes along and I introduce myself to her. She begins to serve Tamara like a butler and I almost joke to Tamara about hiring her myself. Tamara asks about how the store's doing and how out progress in NYC is going. I tell her, "Dont ask, everything is kind of fallen apart and we're back to the drawing board. But it's okay." I pick a large piece of flakey skin out of my belly button. Tama ra finally looks down at Sofia and comments on her big shes gottne.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home