Monday, August 06, 2007

Susannah & I are in a hotel room when Michelle calls me.  She asks me where we're staying & I tell her we're staying in "our old sublet."  She thinks it 's lucky we kept getting the place and Susannah comments that "They can get more for it by the week then selling it."  She starts talking very loudly & obnoxiously about something and I tell Michelle I'll call her back.

I hang up and ask Susannah what's up.  She seems frazzled & storms out.

My mom comes to the room and I call Susannah on the phone.  She still won't tell me what's wrong and starts crying & getting hysterical.  I try to talk to her but finally get fed up, "I'm going to count to 5 and if you won't calm down and talk to me about it, I'm going to ignore you."  I finally hang up and sulk around the room.

Susannah comes back to the room and apologizes to my mom about the mess.  As she puts away toiletries, she says, "You have no idea.  They have this prenatal lotion and I've just been slathering it on."  My mom's eyes widen, "You're pregnant?!"  Susannah says yes very casually.  I grab her by the arms and say, "I'm going to forgive you for making me find out this way." and give her a big long hug.  I can visualize some sales chart that shows Babel & Little Miss Sunshine and I know that she's pregnant with another girl.  We keep hugging and talking about the baby and how we love living in New York.

Later...

I tell my mom Susannah's pregnant and a look of concern comes over her face.  She goes up to Susannah and tells her that she'd love to be a grandmother again... in 5 years but that now was not the right time.  She tries to touch Susannah's belly (showing about 3 months) and Susannah takes her hand off.

In the house, I'm wrangling 3 toddlers.  Already, I feel like too much of my attention has been taken off Sofia (who's about a year old & has very little hair).  There's also Wyatt (who's a large toddler) and a swarthy Middle Eastern kid.  I usher them down the hall and look for Susannah to ask her whose kid this is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home