Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I'm hanging out with a bunch of people in the lobby of a hotel (or school). I jokingly say, "Ok, the tournament is $20." Several people start pulling money out of their pockets and I realize people might want to actually play poker. I head down to the basement to scout a space where we can play without being harrassed. In the basement there are a series of interconnected storage/utility rooms, all of which are big enough for poker tables. I go back up and tell everyone to come down.

Once gathered downstairs, the group is huge (maybe about 100). They're all seated at long tables and I stand up on a chair to address them. "I'm only going to speak loudly now but we should keep it quiet for the game so we don't get discovered by the principal. I don't know what kind of trouble we can get into but I don't want any of you to be punished."

People start standing up and asking questions. Some of the questions are about the format of the game, others are unrelated. I have trouble hearing some of the questions due to the size of the room. A woman stands up to ask a question or make a statement and gets a bit of applause. She's obviously an assertive (and attractive) lesbian and some other women are drawn to her.

I begin walking the room to divide everyone into groups of 8 per table. The tables are covered with food and I move them carefully, trying not to spill the food.

Later, a woman asks me why they keep blinding her out when she makes no action at the table. I explain that even if you're away from the table, the game goes on and your blinds keep getting taken. She says, "Is this why even hardcore smokers don't take smoke breaks?"

I go downstairs & see that the game is on break. I look around to see how many players are left and suddenly realize I was never given a seat at the game. I tell someone that I don't think I can run a game this big. I also realize that I should gather email addresses for my own hoem game before everyone leaves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home