Thursday, June 01, 2006

I'm leaving a group of people and heading toward a open gate. Ray Hunt is with me and we think for a second that we can't get out. As we walk out, he makes a comment about my luck. I say, "I know. Sometimes I'll do poorly at poker and then make money on a stupid bet of some kind." Ray Hunt is now Marilyn Oliva and she says she won't be going any further with me. We say our goodbyes and I start walking downhill into Chinatown. Almost immediately I run into Karin Berquist. She's dressed in an unflattering checked shirt. She's excited to see me and says that she wants to take me out sometime for that dinner she owes me. She suggests the restaurant that used to be Notorious B.I.G.'s office. I ask her if it's dim sum and she's says no. She seems like she's in a hurry and we start walking together. She has a couple of yam-like vegetables in her hand and she hands them to a friend of hers we run into. We all continue walking through the throngs of people. There are is a tourist couple in front of us and the woman has an enormous backpack. I rest my arm on it and she turns around, annoyed. "Sorry," I say sarcastically, "I was just resting my arm on it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home