Thursday, May 04, 2006

I'm in a hotel lobby or restaurant (maybe on a boat) sitting down at a poker game. The game is very sloppy and in the first hand I'm not even dealt cards. I call a misdeal and someone deals the next hand. He ends up throwing all the cards together and a girl ahead of me picks up four of them (showing two of them). I get very irritated at these amateurs and pick up my chips to find another table. I ask if anyone else wants to start a new table and no one says anything. One guy sitting alone offers to play heads-up. I think for a moment but would rather play a full table.

A few people set up another game but end up using 3 tiny narrow tables and there's no room for me to sit (and no room really to play). I'm irritated as I stand around with my chips under my arm. Someone comments that this table gives us a view of the city and one guy says that he'll be too busy playing to really enjoy the city although he'd like to explore San Francisco. I tell him that I used to live here and he aks if I'd show him around. I half jokingly say, "Only if you'll pay me my presumtive winnings for the night." I tell him about Thanh Long, Ton Kiang, Kang Su, Sam Lok and other places (making myself hungry in the process).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home