Monday, April 10, 2006

I'm in a TV studio about to be a guest on a variety show. The host is a Ricky Gervais-esque pompous boob. He's giving all kinds of camera direction & bossing people around. I pace back & forth waiting for my cue. As the introduction of the show begins to tape, he continues to give camera direction, telling certain cameras to hold for dramatic effect. Instead of introducing me, he begins a musical number. Members of The Jets begin performing a version of "Crush on You" with some of the lyrics changed. I get really irritated and wander around the studio waiting for it to end. The rest of the crew are also irritated (though they seem used to it). After the number ends, the host begins yet another unscheduled segment. I'm fed up at this point and start thinking of ways to interrupt or sabotage the show. A woman is walking otu and I stop her and ask her to dance with me on camera. She is amused and agrees. I throw off my jacket and we begin to dance our way to the cameras. I stop when I see several large boxes coming down the escalators. I open them up and see large toys inside (they're inventory for the host). I begin taking things out, making a mess as I go. I take out a toy gun and begin shooting foam balls at the host.

I make my way through the studio (which is on a cruise ship) and try to find other disgruntled employees. In one stateroom, I find several of them talking. I gripe to them and suggest we all quit since there's only a week left on our contracts anyway. They tell me that they heard the host is looking for me. I tell them to turn me in if they like and not to get into trouble on my account. I run out of the room and up the stairs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home