Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I'm in a cafeteria-style dining room of a seafood restaurant. Susannah's at work and Sofia is with my mom. I look over the menu and order something. I spend a long time eating & reading at my leisure. When I go to the bathroom, I see a tub full of large raw jumbo shrimp. Back at my table, I overhear the people at the next table say, "We've been getting bread for a long time and finally we get the "Best of Everything." I look at the menu and find the "Best of Everything" menu item. It includes a half dozen varieties of seafood, including "panko shrimp." I go back to the bathroom and find a large tray of tiny peel-and-eat shrimp. I grab a handful and stuff it in my mouth. I go back to the dining room and look for panko shrimp on th menu but can't seem to find it. The menu is a newspaper and I flip thru the news sections. I go back to the bathroom again to grab another handful of shrimp. Back at my table, I see a bunch of Susannah's old coworkers come in. They smile and greet me with surprise. Kai asks me if I'm babysitting and I tell them Sofia's with my mom. A young white woman with them is confused about the gender of my baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home