Monday, March 13, 2006

I'm walking out of a school carrying Sofia. I'm trying to get home but want to avoid the walk to the subway station. I walk across the street to where people are waiting for a bus. I see Arlene topless and 6 months pregnant talking to a mother with a child. I walk up to talk to her but she doesn't recognize me. I say, "Remember Susannah Roitman? Her husband Dan? Daughter Sofia?" We greet each other and admire each other's babies. Her baby is very skinny and has a very small head. He shivers and I try to look for a blanket to put him in. She heads off and I wish she could give me a ride home but don't ask. I figure it's too out of the way for her since we're south of San Francisco and close to where she lives. I suddenly realize I need to get to the subway station.

I'm downhill a ways before I realize I'd forgotten the stroller. I head back into the school, ducking my head to get inside. I start strapping Sofia in the stroller, noticing how small she is by comparison.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home