Saturday, February 11, 2006

I've fallen asleep on the A or C train and wake up just as we pull into a station. I grab all m bags (they look like artist's supplies) and head off the train. A sign tells me that I'm at the end of the line (somewhere in upstate New York) and I'm really irritated that I'd overslept. I start walking through the station but realize that I'm barefoot. I stop and start to put on my shoes. I look up and see a Subway restaurant inside the subway station (which feels like a huge airport) and see my dad behind the counter. At first I turn away to not let him see me. But then I decide I should talk to him. I put on my shoes and approach him. He seems surprised to see me. He puts his arm around me and leads me to a table to talk. He tells me he thinks I've been a bit aimless in my life (I sense that he wants to make a business proposal to me). I interrupt him and say that I've been running my own business for several years. He asks me what I do and I tell him I own a video store. He says that it's not a viable business and that DVDs are on their way out. I get furious and start yelling at him. I ask him why he can't just say, "That's great, I'm so proud of you, son." I storm off into the station. As I head down a corridor, I stop and think about making up with him. I turn to see him looking for me. Instead, I continue on. I walk by the entrance of a grand concert hall and I ask the ticket taker for directions. He asks me first where I'm trying to go and makes fun of me once I tell him I'm trying to get back to Brooklyn. I head on, walking through a science lab and a large antique furniture showroom and outside in a cold & snowy parking lot. I feel lost and really wish I could've hit my dad up for a ride home. I start heading back into the station, feeling very lost & frustrated.

As I head back in, many people are leaving, including a frazzled looking David Strathairn. I want to stop and say hi to him (with the hope of maybe getting a ride from him). I also contemplate saying to him that I know George Clooney. Instead I keeping heading back instead. I head back through a department store and make my way back to the Subway restaurant. My dad has left and I have no way of finding him. I also realize I don't have my bags and get really frustrated at the whole situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home