Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I'm sitting in an apartment with some friends & relatives. One of my cousins (or in-laws) had been raped and beaten (she looks like or is Michelle Williams) by her husband and his brothers & friends. For some reason, we cannot simply call the police and have them arrested. As we sit and talk about it, one of the assailants enter the room to pick up his wife. I stand up, gripping a tool in my hand (something shaped like a WWII=era machine gun and stare the guy down. He (a blonde guy) is uncomfortable in my presence & looks a little scared. I keep my eye on him, ready to strike as he (along with Chris & Lisa) leave.

I stomp into the bedroom, fuming at my helplessness. My father-in-law (the victim's father) comes in with me. I start ranting, "I'd kill them if I could get away with it but how?!" He tells me to forget about it. "How could you ask me to forget about it?! This happened yesterday!" I shout, "Maybe you can ask me to forget about it in a week, but not now!" "I may not believe in justice but I believe in karma." "How do I get 4 guys named Vinny to beat the shit out of them?" My father-in-law says, "I'll make something happen, I promise."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home