Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Susannah and I haave just arrived on a tropical island. We're given a quick tour, then left to explore on our own. We wander the streets for a while and start to head back. Susannah wants me to see an apartment for sale and I tell her I've already seen it. As we walk, we look up into the sky and notice that the sky is actually clear turqoise waters. We look onto some rocks and see a woman sunbathing partially nude. We walk towards the water and realize just how close we are to the water. There's a young black boy playing on a rock. He's covered in some kind of white chalk or sand.

We head back towards our entry point and pass a man spraying his topless girlfriend with a hose. We comment on the island's liberal policy towards nudity. We suddenly realize we need to catch the 1pm plane or train to our next destination. We start running back. I'm nude and wet and throw a towel around myself as we run.

We dash into the house where we started and I run to the old lady who gave us the tour. She tells me to slow down and have some complimentary chocolates. I tell her we need a shuttle back to the airport. She looks at her watch and tells me it's 1:27 already. I'm shocked and stressed about missing our flight (we're scheduled to go to 3 more destinations in South America - though Morocco is also in the itinerary).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home