Saturday, February 25, 2006

I'm in Lexington visiting with my old high school classmates. We're in a restaurant or banquet hall inside a hotel. Some of us are lying in beds as we joke and chat. I'm telling jokes and being the life of the party. Rachel Schankula chimes in about her life, joking about how weird her fathers/stepfathers are. "One is an agnostic Rastafarian..." She breaks out laughing and cannot continue.

I walk to the bathroom and notice I have no pants on. Inside a stall, as I begin to pee, I'm talking to someone about Hollis. "If Hollis were here, she'd give us all the gossip. In fact, she wouldn't need to hear from you guys, she'd already know it all!" Now I'm talking to Hollis in the stall about Rachel. "Boy, leave it to Rachel Schankula to bring a party down, huh?"

Later...

I'm in a high school classroom where a young student (who is both a teenager and an 8 year old) is being bratty. The saucy female teacher says, "I know what will soothe you," and lifts up her shirt. The boy starts breastfeeding and she continues the lesson. The other students shake their heads but are otherwise not shocked. I sit down next two a couple of guys who are sketching in their sketchbooks. One is doing some very high quality superhero battle scenes (which remind me of Alan Davis's work). I compliment him, "These remind me of the Brood War era X-Men." I flip through the other guy's sketchbook. The beginning and end of the book are pages from an actual graphic novel - a dark sci-fi horror story. I'm not sure if the guy is the author/artist. I get a notion that I could write a story w/ either of these artists.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home