Friday, March 17, 2006

The store had moved to a rural location & I'm working the night shift. It's been slow, though we'vehad a little bit of business. I assume the email I sent out got to at least a few of our old customers. I pull upthe shade and look outside to see nothing but woods. Getting a little scared, I pull them back down. A large group of customers come in, including a few old customers. One guy returns a stack of videos and wants to know how much he owes. I punch them in and tell him that they're all on time. Another customer starts asking me about some title.

Later...

I'm at a construction site talking to (or hearing about) some guy who's working as an assistant to a foreign architect. As I walk through the site, I hear the foreigner (my dad) neaby complaining about his work and his boss. I walk around the corner and look in his office (a dark & long corridor of a room). I see that he's talking on the phone. I say hello and he peeks over at me, asking, "Is that my wife?" I say in Chinese, "No, it's not your wife." He sees me and continues talking on the phone. I wait a second and then walk off, figuring he doesn't want to talk to me. Fuming, I storm back into his office. He's off the phone now and reading a magazine. I stomp straight up to him and in his face, "At least I have the courtesy to pretend to be your son, you can't even pretend to be my father?!" He continues ignoring me. "What, I'm not like your wife and your daughter that you never raised?" I continue, "I don't have major problems you can fix?!" He says, "How am I supposed to know about your life when you don't tell me?" I yell at him, "You were there!!" I finally storm off again. On my way out, I see some people coming back from lunch break, including Diana from Amoeba.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home