Monday, August 08, 2005

Adam Hartzell and I are wandering through Chinatown (though it looks more like Sunset Park or the Sunset) trying to find some place to eat. We wander into a restaurant and they seat us at a large table that already has some people seated and eating. There are lots of plates of the same dish on the table and I wonder if they're going to come take out order or if they think we're with this large party.

Later, I'm saying goodbye to high school friends. I joke to them that they have to pick good colleges to go to so it'll be fun to visit them. My phone rings and it's the car service calling me. They ask me when I might need a car and I tell them in 14 minutes or so. The woman at the car service tells me that I'm out of luck. I hang up and tell my friends and suggest we might take the bus. One friend says he has to get back to Alaska. We look at a USA road map and we discuss the best road to take.

Later, a friend and I are trying to get into Amoeba Music to pick up a couple of CDs. We peer through the windows and see the gates are half down and that they're about to close (though there are still lines of customers checking out). We knock on the window and Mark Pittman opens the door for us. I tell him we're just picking up a few CDs and he (now Tony Green) grudgingly agrees. We go to a nearby rack and pick up a couple of local acts. I browse through the B's looking for The Blueberries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home