Sunday, August 07, 2005

Susannah & I are wandering around in a mall. We stop outside a spa and look in, wondering what it's all about. A woman with a stroller rudely pushes past us. We go down a few steps into the spa and see that there are rules posted. They state that you can only enter the spa with a towel and nothing else on. We go over to a stck of lockers and beging changing out of our clothes. There are little lockers & boxes where people are keeping their belongings. I have trouble getting out of my clothes and end up w/ my shorts and shirt still on. The towels are also too small to wrap around my legs. I lock the lockers/boxes but wonder how I'm going to open the combination locks later.

Once inside the spa, it looks like a home furnishings store. I see lots of people, all dressed in normal clothes. I get irritated that I had to be in a towel. I wander around several floors, looking for nothing in particular. As I go up one set of stairs, it becomes a flat escalator. I lie down on it as it moves up at a 45 degree angle. There are others on it besides me, looking like commuters. As it shoots up into the sky, I see that it enters a building ahead. I wonder if we are going to be crushed since we are riding on the outside.

We enter the tunnel without incident, the roof of the tunnel is very close to the top of the train we're riding. I watch the ceiling above me for a moment. As we stop, I look up to find myself inside an ambulance. I ask the driver how I can get back and he tells me that he can take me back to the station. He also says I can walk but it'd take me as long. I tell him I'll wait for him and his crew to get ready & thank him. Several other guys show up and throw duffel bags into the ambulance (now a minivan). On the seat next to me the bag squirms. I ask if it's a dog or a baby. A guy says it's a baby and I see baby arms pop out of the bag. The guy (the kid's father) pulls the baby out of the bag. The first thing I notice is that boy has a beard & mustache. I ask if he came out like that and the father laughs & tells me that his wife's a makeup artist. I also notice the kid's body and limbs are like little sticks. The father says the kid's 12 pounds and I stare in disbelief. He thinks for a second and says he's 143 ounces. I concur that it's 12 pounds (though I'm wrong) but can't believe that this stick-thin kid is 12 pounds. I say that 12 pounds is a good sized bowling ball. The ambulance driver agrees with me. Meanwhile the father takes the kids head & twists it, watching it spin back into place like a toy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home