Wednesday, July 20, 2005

I'm traveling down a highway in a flatbed truck. I'm naked and trying to cover up a little so as not to seem vulgar for the kids in passing cars. We get to a lake/pool and many people are getting out to go swimming. I head down to the water with a family. The mother (in her late 30s) jumps in to swim. I wade into the shallow end (which is enclosed partially by a cave) and take off my clothes. After swimming briefly, the mother comes up to me and says the water doesn't taste right and she's getting out. I agree with her & also get out.

Now we are in the mother's house. She's about to do her first birth as a midwife and I want to help. Susannah says I should go upstairs and give her advice since I just did my first birth as midwife recently. As I recall the events to myself (apparently, Lynnette decided a few weeks from delivery to do a home birth and I was the midwife. Suddenly the idea of me being a midwife seems weird (or at least the name does).

I go up a narrow staircase to find the midwife fast-forwarding through a tape of a home birth. Her husband's name is Larry (or David) Klopstein (or something Jewish). As I walk through the rooms, I have to carefully step over Linus as he crawls about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home