Thursday, July 21, 2005

I'm on a street walking uphill through a large throng of people. Some young Latino and black teenagers start surrounding me & taunting me to play a game. The game involves getting handed a ball and then trying to get rid of it. I don't want to play but can't seem to get away from them. They tell me that the last person with the ball needs to be informed. I ask him where that person is and they tell me that it's a older man in a new suit who had gone inside to the TV studio and forgot to come back out.

I try to devise a way to get an announcement to him while trying to figure a way out of here. I look up the hill at the intersection & see a cop car in the midst of all the bumper-to-bumper traffic. As I try to make my way to the cop, I see the older man being lead out of the studio by police. I tell the young men that the game is the least of his problems. While they are distracted, I move away from them.

Later, I'm in a large school/airport running to catch my plane. After a few minutes of running, I realize I've left all my things and my shoes back in the room. I run back, all the while thinking about Kate & Lucy. I stop at the bottom of some stairs to lace up my shoes. Alexandra Litow & Ryan Phillips walk by and Alexandra stops to tell me about the trouble she's having with the utility company.

Later...

I'm in my dad's house with friends & family. My grandmothers is there and tells me she's really hungry. I tell her I'll make her something & ask her if she wants porridge or noodles. She says she'll eat a table full of garbage. I go and look in the fridge & cabinets and find nothing to cook except some corn. I call over two of my cousins and show them the pitiful state of affairs. I tell them that I can't keep coming over here all the time to feed my grandmother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home