Saturday, June 11, 2005

I'm walking around a flooded park where lots of people are hanging out. There's a bandshell at the center of the park and a lawn divided into two halves. People are sitting on the benches and walking around the wet ground. I'm sitting and talking with an acquaintance. We both know the administrator of the park. As we talk, she tells me that she occasionally takes the small gazebos home. I abruptly say "Chiao" and walk off. I wonder if she's insulted I didn't say "Chiao Bella."

I head over to the indoor part of the park and pay my $10 admission to get inside. There's an exhibit of an outsider artist/manga artist similar to Jason Shiga. I'd seen his work at another museum but more of his work was on display here. After walking through the show, I wander back out.

Getting a little bored, I head back inside. I walk through a couple of small shooting ranges where people are target shooting and throwing footballs. I get excited at the prospect of shooting guns for free.

I'm suddenly in a classroom where some other park-goers are lounging. I tell them that I'm off to shoot guns and some of them groan and grimace at the prospect. I tell them that nobody knows why a liberal like me is into guns. I tell them that since I started shooting, I've actually consider gun ownership. Some of the people are aghast. I quickly try to let them know that if the government seized all guns & made it illegal to own them, it'd be okay with me.

A couple of mentally handicapped kids run in to play and I recognize them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home