Wednesday, April 27, 2005

I'm in a large house with a big group of employees. Some violent altercations have just happened and I've gathered them all in one room to talk. I tell them that because several of them are injured, they have to seek medical help. Because I injured them (including shooting two of them), I tell tham they can turn me in if they like. I tell them I will take responsibility for my actions. I dismiss the group and walk around the house, thinking about the fact that I could be going to jail. I look out the window and see a few cops taking some people away. I realize that they aren't here for me and have just arrested a few deadbeats in my building.

I head back to the kitchen to tell my employees that I've turned a new leaf and will no longer conduct my illegal activities. I see several employees buying drugs from two employees in the kitchen. I get very angry and start yelling at the sellers. I tell them to take all that shit out of here & sell elsewhere. They tell me they're supplied by some restaurant. I'm waving a knife at them and telling them to get out. I tell them that I'm ceasing all illegal activities here and turning a new leaf. They don't seem to believe me. I ask them, "Do you think I like doing what I was doing? I wanted to run a legitimate business at first but the illegal stuff just came easily." I tell them that I'm going to run a real bar & struggle like all the real bar owners.

As I leave the room, an older woman (who's supposed to be my wife) answers the phone and hands it to me. On the other end is a Chinese man I'm supposed to know. At first I can't tell if he's speaking Chinese or English. Once I understand him, we start conversing in Mandarin. He sounds like an acquaintance and I pretend to know him. After several awkward pauses, I tell him I have to go and hang up.

I walk around (what looks like a DVD & poster shop) and nervously await the police. I wonder what I'm going to tell Susannah about this alternate life I'd been leading and the prospect of going to jail. I then realize that I can at least meet her for dinner and that I also have a poker game later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home