Wednesday, April 20, 2005

I'm waiting in the lobby of a large office building with a large group of people. We're all waiting for transportation to leave a convention. Suddenly firefighters rush to the scene and begin setting up. I grab my stuff and move so it doesn't get wet. I wait in a large elevator with about 30 other people. Suddenly the platform we're standing on begins to move as if on a track. Everyone has no idea what's going on. The platform moves quickly and leaves the building. As it travels on a track over other buildings (mostly abandoned warehouses), everyone is freaking out and has no idea where we're going.

Eventually the platform stops in the middle of nowhere and two attendants approach and let us off. We ask them where the hell we are and they tell us to talk to the man in a basement office. We approach the office (labeled MTA) and knock on the glass. One of my companions points out a notice about the nearby F train entrance that's closed on certain days. I point out the fact that the days are in August and shouldn't affect us. The man in the basement office asks us where we're going. Frustrated an tired, we all begin talking at once. He asks us what we're doing here and we tell him we're all trying to get home from the MTA convention. "Lexington." I say. He says, "Well, that might be a bit difficult." I tell him it's his life that will be difficult if he doesn't help us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home