Sunday, April 10, 2005

I'm being called on in class when an obnoxious young student (who reminds me of Brad) interrupts and disparages me. He's criticizing the way I've run the poker group, saying how I've not provided the right variety of games and such. I listen patiently & then rebutt his comments. At one point I get so mad at him I begin shouting. In response to his criticism that there haven't been enough Friday games, I yell that I've worked every Friday of my life except the day I got married. He seems genuinely moved and defeated by that comment. I say, "You said I have choices and right now I'm choosing to sit down & shut up." I sit down and begin looking at a grocery store catalog. He stands at the front of the room and begins telling everyone about this pyramid scheme involving groceries. I suddenly realize that there are classrooms nearby and that I shouldn't have been shouting so loud.

Later...

I follow twon generals out of a conference room. They've been arguing about a tense situation in the air over a foreign country. One general says to to a woman in the room, "Tell Leo that we can't be spreading information like this." Leo (McGarry) retorts, "I just want our boys in the planes to be informed when things start happening." The woman (Mary McCormack fromt the West Wing) says, "They are informed of it."

Later...

I'm a long-haired young woman making my way up some extremely steep stairs. At the top of the stairs is a flat screen TV mounted to the wall. A woman ahead of my enters a small door beside it. I get to the top of the stairs and stare curiously at the TV, wondering why anyone would have a TV here. I make my way back down the stairs and try to exit the way I came in. When I open the door, I see a ledge high above the ground with no way down. I wonder how I got up here and try to find another way down.

I ask a man about another way down and he's a bit cagey. I notice that the stairs go down a bit further and decide to try that way. I see a young gothy woman at street level and call out to her, asking how she got out. She doesn't answer me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home