Thursday, March 17, 2005

I’m in a large gun store looking at pistols & things. I slowly browse through the store, picking up pistols & working the mechanisms. I come across a new Beretta and dry-fire it a few times. I come across a submachine gun and get very intrigued by it. I play with its fold-out stock & automatic fire mode. I start looking for its clip. I go up & down the aisles but can’t seem to find what I’m looking for.

I venture down into the basement where there are racks of used guns. I notice a couple of sniper rifles and take note of how big they are. As I get to the back of the store, I realize that I was supposed to meet Susannah nearby an hour ago and totally forgot about the time. I call her on my cell but instead listen to a message from Andy saying how he can’t meet up with me. I then listen to another message confirming an appointment to see a house the next day.

I leave the store to get better reception & finally get a hold of Susannah. She tells me she just got out the subway & is across the street from the gun store. I look around but don’t’ see her. The store is in the middle of an open fairground. I spot a stall for kettle corn and tell Susannah that I’m going to get some. I also notice that I’m wearing shorts and a t-shirt. I realize I left my coat & pants down in the store’s basement. I continue scanning the street for Susannah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home